John & Sarah's Children
1. John, born November 2, 1674, died January 1, 1754. "He lived on the homestead of his father, was a selectman, and a useful citizen, and a deacon of the church thirty-four years; mild, cheerful and humble." His wife, "like Elizabeth of old, with her husband, walked in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord, blameless. They were faithful in commanding their household to keep the way of the Lord, and had the satisfaction of seeing them walk in it. He married, January 6, 1703, Elizabeth Harndin of Reading, who died August 9, 1756." (11) They had six children, four boys and two girls.
2. Joseph, born December 19, 1676, died January 9, 1757. He was a farmer and lived in Andover. "He bore his trials with Christian fortitude and patience, and was accounted a good man." He married Hannah Allen April 4, 1722. They had two children together.
3. Stephen, born January 14, 1679, died May 27, 1766. "He was industrious and successful, useful in town affairs, and respected for his Christian character." "He was a wheelwright, then yeoman and later miller." He married Sarah Stevens on July 22, 1708, she died December 28, 1750. They had ten children, five boys and five girls.
4. Sarah, born November 26, 1680, died March 6, 1754. She married Zebadiah Chandler on January 9, 1707.
5. Ephraim, born August 6, 1682, died June 8, 1748. He was a farmer in Andover. He married widow Sarah Hunt of Billerica on January 6, 1715. She survived him and married John Dane on August 1, 1749. Ephraim and Sarah had eleven children together, six boys and five girls.
6. Joshua, born June 6, 1685, died February 11, 1769. He was a deacon and town clerk thirty-one years in the town of Billerica. He married first, Rebecca Shed on June 10, 1710, she died April 7, 1720. He married second Dorcas Whiting, she died December 23, 1765. He had eleven children.
7. Mary, born January 9, 1687, died December 11, 1688.
8. Ebenezer, born September 27, 1689, died January 14, 1761. He was a farmer and surveyor. “Being a well informed man, he was much employed in town business.” He married Hannah Dane on April 5, 1720. They had eight children together, five boys and three girls.
9. Priscilla, born July 7, 1691, died May 24, 1791. “She was often employed as a nurse, being an industrious Christian woman. She died unmarried.”