John David Abbott (b. 1959)
John (my brother) was born May 27, 1959 in the Memorial Hospital, Pawtucket, Rhode Island. He is the second born son of John Robert Abbott, JR and Eleanor Howes Messier Abbott Gorman.
John married Christine Briden on August 22, 1980 at Wesley Memorial Church in Lincoln, Rhode Island. They have six children, two boys and four girls. Some of the places they have lived include: Rhode Island; Raleigh, North Carolina; Durant, Oklahoma; Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Clive, Iowa; and High Point, North Carolina.
John completed his BS Degree from the University of Rhode Island and moved to Raleigh, North Carolina to continue his education in Horticulture. While living and studying in Raleigh, Justin David Abbott was born on October 10, 1982 at Rex Hospital. Having completed a Masters Program at North Carolina State University, John returned to the University of Rhode Island to pursue a Ph.D. in Plant Science, which he earned in 1986. While living at 560 Walcott Street in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, a second son, Jeffrey Allan Abbott was born on March 14, 1985 at Woman and Infant’s Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island. While living in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Emily Effie Abbott was born on November 25, 1989. John and Chris also adopted three beautiful girls from China (Tate,Tess and Ella).
List of Children:
1. Justin Abbott. Justin married Talia on December 21, 2008.” He proposed to her at the Taj Mahal in India!! He completed his BA degree in economics from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, has studied since in London, England; Turin, Italy; Sas-Fe, Switzerland. Justin is pursuing a doctorate in communications while working in information technology. He designed and created my bird house website.
2. Jeffrey Allan Abbott, born 1985. He has a BA Degree in Spanish Studies and currently works in the restaurant industry and lives in Greensboro, North Carolina.
3. Emily Effie (Merriam) Abbott, born 1989. Her middle name comes from her maternal great-grandmother, Effie Viola Tufts Knight who was also born on November 25th. Emily earned a BA Degree in music from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill in 2010. She married Peyton Merriam on August 7, 2010. They currently reside in High Point, North Carolina.
4. Tess Eleanor Abbott. Her middle name is in honor of her grandmother and great-grandmother. She was adopted in China on August 7, 2001. Tess was born on April 2, 2000 in Jian City near Nanchang in Jiangxi Province, China. The name given to her while living in the orphanage was Ji Chen Jing. There is no information on her biological parents.
5. Tate Ming Abbott. She was adopted on January 7, 2004. Tate was born on July 7, 2002 in Qinyuan City near Guangdong Province, China. The name given to her while living in the orphanage was Tang Jia Ming, hence her middle name. There is no information on her biological parents.
6. Ella Mei Abbott. She was adopted on September 11, 2005. Ella was born on August 7, 2004 in Huang Mei near Wuhan City in Hubei Province, China. The name given to her while living in the orphanage was Mei Fu Yue, hence her middle name. She also lived in a foster home associated with the orphanage for a portion of the time. There is no information on her biological parents.